Saturday, September 30, 2006

Believing is seeing


Thanks for the comments on the last post. I've quoted something that's related to these, I found and copied it a few years ago from the web somewhere.

"Everything begins in the heart and mind. Every great achievement began in the mind of one person. The great achievers have a habit. They "see" things. They picture themselves walking around their CEO office in their new 25 million-dollar corporate headquarters, even while they are sitting on a folding chair in their garage "headquarters." Great free-throw shooters in the NBA picture the ball going through the basket. PGA golfers picture the ball going straight down the fairway. World-class Speakers picture themselves speaking with energy and emotion. All of this grooms the mind to control the body to carry out the dream."

I'll focus on "seeing myself" getting a few PBs this coming year and after that I'm going for that "new 25 million-dollar corporate headquarters."

2 comments:

  1. 'See' the 25 million-dollar HQ first, then you could build your own 400m track ;)

    The mind is so important. I've seen many teenagers who had the talent to run for Australia but they didn't have it 'in the head'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the blog Scott - I look forward to following your progress to the sub 3hr big M.

    ReplyDelete