Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wet, wet, wet.

Had a bit of rain around here the last few weeks and while I usually like running in the rain it is getting a little old coming back from a run with the only thing dry being my throat, inside that is. Anyways my mother told me there'd be days like these.

On the injury front I managed a couple of runs without any major pain but I think I damaged my left Achilles so I'm icing and massaging my calf as suggested by you good people.

I think I pin-pointed when I did the damage, it was while running 100m sprints as a warm up before a speed session. In my last of 6x100 I ran it in 14sec too fast for my little legs to handle. In my mind I was staring down Carl Lewis and he blinked!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the leg is getting better. I know how frustrating it can be. I am constantly battling shin splints (and have been for over 10 years), and have to trade off between training as much as I would like with how much my legs can handle. Anyone know how to fix shin splints permanently? The others are right, rest and ice are the only cures for a niggling injury (do as I say, not as I do!).

    Your commitment to training is better than mine, running in that rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the achilles is soon fixed. I've found putting on anti-inflammatory cream and then wrapping it in cling-film over night works well too.

    ReplyDelete