Monday, May 14, 2007

If you want to run faster....

I uploaded an excellent article, see to the right, on the height to weight ratio. According to this I'm over the average weight for my height and over the summer, here, I'm going to get down to what I should be in order to give myself the best chance at running closer to 3 hours in December, planning a full marathon then.

If I lose that weight I'm going to have to run around in the shower to get wet, but I'm sure it will help me with my running goals.

So how do you measure up according to this scale? I wouldn't dare tell anyone what they should weight but it does make sense vis a vis our running life and it gives one food for thought, so to speak.

7 comments:

  1. According to those calculations I don't have to lose any weight ... I just need to grow two and a half inches :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 19% below the average, I think I'm doing alright. I still get wet in the shower though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yeah, not sure that I like the file box anymore - I just got told I'm really fat. For me to get to the "15%" line, I'd have to lose 9kg - something I have NO hope, or desire, of doing. I'm currently 4% under - hopefully that's enough for GC!

    Keep the articles up - they're a great distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Bay 9kgs is about what I would have to lose too. It can't be easy but I think I have found a way.

    More on this later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too much maths for me but I don't need a height to weight ratio to tell me I am fat.

    Still it has given me a healthy goal to aim for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems I could afford to lose 3 or 4 kg, which roughly aligns with where I was at during my PB peak. So perhaps I'm not too old and broken down after all, just not fit and lean enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right on Stillman's estimate - 75kg and 6'2" (I think), although I ran all my PBs at 70-71kg.

    ReplyDelete